Direct Stage Performances
- The Pittsburgh Circus Arts Collaborative has worked with many venues to perform as the main entertainment for their events. In 2017 The PCAC was the main performance at the Pittsburgh City Paper’s 2017 Best of Pittsburgh Awards Ceremony at the Ace Hotel, the main performance at Yelp’s Haunted History Tour of the Heinz History Center, one of the performances at 2017’s Classic Rock Festival “Classic Fest” at Nelson’s Ledges Quarry Park in Garrettsville, OH, the halftime performance show at the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association’s annual play offs at the David Lawrence Convention Center and the main performance of a Dark Carnival on New Year’s Eve at the Seven Springs Mountain Resort. The PCAC is sure to dazzle and enmesh your audience in a world of carnivalistic wonder they’ll never forget.
La Hora Loca
- There are parties and then there is the La Hora Loca. Translated as The Crazy Hour the La Hora Loca is a South American tradition that is best described as Brazilian Carnival scaled down to a personalized party. Halfway through the dancing you hear the pounding of rhythmic drums as in storms a gaggle of Samba dancers, stilt walkers, drummers and jugglers. Masquerade Masks are passed out amongst the guests and confetti cannons fill the air with cascading colors. While the La Hora Loca was intended to be perfect for weddings – you’ll find they are also fantastic fits for quinceañeras, proms, birthday parties, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, bachelor/ette parties, wakes, graduations, anniversaries or, honestly, just about anywhere you can imagine.
Ambient Circus Arts
- You are having a corporate event, a family reunion, a quinceañera where guests mingle and are kept entertained. Among them walks a contact juggler balancing crystal balls all across his body. Your Christmas party, your New Year’s Eve party at your Halloween party plumes of fire are spit from the mouths of professional (and insured) firebreathers. You family reunion, your retirement party, your graduation party or birthday – you see walking amongst your guests 11 foot tall creatures juggling in vibrant colors, an aerialist is dangling from the ceiling, acrobats create pyramids of each other as fortune tellers tell the tails of your guests futures. No party is complete without the traditional and eccentric addition of the circus.
Art & Music Festivals / County Fairs / Large Events / Workshops / Block Parties
- In the summer of 2017 The Pittsburgh Circus Arts Collaborative performed at the Forest Hills Community Day Fair, Shadyside Nursery’s monthly community event Weather Permitting, Open Streets Pittsburgh and, monumentally, in the annual Maker Faire at the Pittsburgh Children’s Museum where they won the “Maker of Merit” award for their work with children. Throughout the day at the 2017 Maker Faire the PCAC provided free workshops in juggling, balancing, acrobatics, poi spinning and magic. Topping it off with a fantastic performance of their most skilled fire manipulators. They found something special during this summer – not only could they provide workshops all day for countless children (and adults!) but they could walk amongst the fairgrounds and entertain everyone as they day went on. Stilt walkers dazzled with juggling clubs, magicians mesmerized the crowds with cards and coins, acrobats had the children flying through the air. Additionally you may rest assured that all of our members have their clearances to work with children including Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearances (CY113), Pennsylvania Criminal Record Checks for Employment (SP4-164) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Checks.
What can you think of?
- The Pittsburgh Circus Arts Collaborative has worked in some very unique places. For example the folk band The Hills and The Rivers hired 4 of our fire manipulators to star in the music video for their song “The Tower.” The James Street Speakeasy Ballroom threw an electro-funk-disco party and hired the LED team of the PCAC to perform on stage, on the dance floor and to roam amongst the party’s guests. Room 16 in the Strip District also hired the LED team to perform at their monthly club night. We find ourselves in some very special situations! What ideas do you have that would incorporate the circus into your event? Some ideas we have not yet seen to fruition are stilt walking flower girls/boys, juggling ushers, aerialist bartenders and firebreathers specifically available for wedding photos. We are happy to sit and consult with you on your big event, to help you come up with the most creative and unique expression of yourself for a party that will live on in the hearts and photo albums of your friends and families for as long as they live.